Red Lentils & Sweet Potato Curry
Prepare this savory curry in the slow cooker.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups dry red lentils
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh or dried ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, couscous or quinoa
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker along with 2 cups of water. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on high heat 4 1/2 to 5 hours or on low heat 9 to 10 hours. Check for doneness after 4 1/2 hours (or 9 hours). Season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve over brown rice, couscous or quinoa. Makes 8 - 10 servings.