Quick Bean Chili
This fast and easy to prepare chili relies on canned beans and fresh veggies.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 large green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small can green chilies, mild or medium
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (add more or less, as desired)
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can non GMO corn
- 2 cans great northern beans (or beans of choice)
- 1 tsp sea salt
In uncovered pressure cooker, heat coconut oil on medium heat. I use the meat setting. Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute for 3 minutes, until veggies soften.
Add bell peppers. Cook for another minute.
Add green chilies, spices, canned tomatoes, canned beans, canned corn, tomato paste, broth and water.
Cover and lock on lid. Bring to pressure and cook for 8 minutes. Allow natural release.
Remove lid, stir and add sea salt. Makes 6 - 8 servings.