This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
If you are familiar with my healing story, you are aware that the journey began with celery juice. Several months before I switched to a plant based diet, I read a post from Anthony William, also known as the Medical Medium, about the wonders of celery juice. Its ability to reduce inflammation especially interested me.
For more than 20 years, pain and inflammation in my legs troubled me, eventually resulting in lack of mobility. Walking with a cane helped for a short time. However, my condition continued to deteriorate.
Celery juice began the process of turning my health around and led to my decision to adopt a 100% plant based diet. I am so grateful. I’m no longer in pain or walk with a cane.
Anthony’s book Celery Juice, which released last year, provides in depth info about this amazing green elixir. March is National Celery Month, offering me the perfect opportunity to present a review.
Learn more about the health benefits in this Medical Medium Celery Book Review.
Medical Medium Celery Juice Book
At 172 pages, Celery Juice is Anthony’s shortest book. However, those pages are packed with information about why celery juice is beneficial. Below is a brief overview of the book.
The Origins of Celery Juice
Anthony William is credited with beginning the celery juice craze. While most people I know started drinking the juice within the past four years, Anthony actually began recommending celery juice back in the 70s. As a teenager he worked as a stock boy in a grocery store. Except this boy with the unique gift spent more time helping customers with health complaints, than he did replenishing produce. (Read more about Anthony’s ability to discern medical conditions in people on his website.)
With permission from his boss, Anthony set up a juicer and offered people with a variety of health conditions a glass of freshly prepared celery juice. In return, the customers, who felt better after drinking the juice, simply paid for a bunch of celery when they checked out with their groceries.
As he grew older, Anthony began giving lectures in health food stores across the country. Always he shared about the amazing healing properties of celery juice.
Why Celery Juice?
Anthony touted the powers of this drink for good reason. While most consider celery a bland diet food, good in potato salad or filled with cheese or peanut butter, Anthony recognized how beneficial it is, especially when juiced.
Celery contains the following properties:
- Sodium cluster salts, which are different from sodium found in other foods, makes celery juice the most powerful electrolyte beverage in existence. Plus those sodium cluster salts neutralize toxins, including heavy metals lodged in the body. Additionally they fight off viruses and bacteria.
- Micro trace minerals are especially healing for the digestive system. They help to restore hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Electrolytes found in celery juice help cells to receive oxygen and improve the cell to cell communication throughout the body.
- Plant hormones in celery juice feed and replenish the glands in the endocrine system. This is extremely important for those suffering from autoimmune disorders.
- Digestive enzymes aid the digestion process, reducing toxins in the intestinal tract and supporting the pancreas and liver.
- Antioxidants help remove fatty deposits and heavy metal deposits from the body.
- Vitamin C found in celery is remarkable in that it is easier for the liver to use.
- Celery juice’s prebiotic factor destroys unproductive bacteria and breaks up the build up of proteins and fats in the intestinal tract.
- Hydrobioactive water is a very special component of celery juice. It’s a form of living water that sustains the body at a deep level.
The Benefits of Celery Juice
Celery juice offers so many healing benefits to the body that I cannot list them all here. In this section of the book, Anthony presents symptoms, conditions and diseases in alphabetical order and describes how celery juice provides relief for each one.
I’ll add a simple, and partial, list here. To discover all that celery juice can do for you, please read the book!
- addictions of all kinds
- Alzheimer’s, dementia and brain fog
- autoimmune disorders
- balance issues
- digestive issues
- eating disorders
- emotional struggles
- eye problems
- headaches & migraines
- heart palpitations
- high cholesterol & high blood pressure
- joint pain & arthritis
- kidney disease & stones
- neurological symptoms
- overactive bladder
- post traumatic stress syndrome
- reproductive disorders
- strep related conditions
- thyroid issues
- weight fluctuations
Preparing Celery Juice
Follow these easy tips for preparing celery juice:
- Trim the base off of one bunch of celery. Remove leaves, if desired, as they can make the juice bitter.
- Wash and rinse celery stalks. If possible, buy organic celery. When using regular celery wash well with a fragrance free dish soap and rinse.
- Run celery stalks through a juicer. Do not add other vegetables or fruits. One bunch of celery makes about 16 ounces of juice.
- Strain juice, if desired. (I never do this.)
- Drink fresh celery juice immediately, on an empty stomach. Wait at least 15 minutes before consuming other food.
If you initially dislike the taste of celery juice, don’t forgo it. The juice is too beneficial to pass on. Instead, start with a couple of ounces of juice and work up to 16 ounces. Those suffering with autoimmune disorders benefit from drinking up to 32 ounces of celery juice.
Celery juice is most beneficial on an empty stomach and undiluted with water or any other foods.
Celery Juice Cleanse
For the ultimate health boost and to jump start your healing, try a 30 day celery juice cleanse.
Follow this simple routine:
Start the day with an optional lemon or lime water, up to 32 ounces. Lemon/lime water is a great way to cleanse the liver. Wait 15 to 30 minutes before drinking celery juice.
Drink 16 ounces of fresh, plain celery juice. Wait 15 to 30 minutes before consuming anything else.
Have breakfast. An ideal breakfast during the celery juice cleanse is fruit or a fruit smoothie. Limit fats during the morning. Stay well hydrated during the day, drinking lots of water.
During the cleanse, avoid these problematic foods:
- all dairy products
- nutritional yeast
- canola oil
- fermented foods
- foods with “natural flavors” in them, which is typically a preservative or MSG
A Healing Movement
Thousands and thousands of people are healing, drinking celery juice. If you are experiencing any of the conditions listed above, I wholeheartedly recommend celery juice. And I recommend reading the book, to get more information than I can share in review. The book is available through Amazon below. Or check your local library and borrow a copy of the book.
I am one of the people with a healing story. My life has changed, in remarkable and permanent ways, thanks to the journey that began with celery juice.
The information in the book resonates deeply with me and encourages me to keep drinking the juice! I admit I get lazy about preparing the celery juice every morning. And yet, the whole process takes me less than 15 minutes, from washing the celery to cleaning up the juicer. My body hums with energy as I send those celery stalks through the juicer. That’s how powerful it is, how healing. My body craves celery juice and appreciates it.
If you have questions about celery juice, ask me in the comments below. And please, for your health and well being, try drinking the juice!
Order the Celery Juice book and Anthony’s other books below:
Journey With Healthy Me is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program provides a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.