This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
I am thrilled to receive another award for Journey With Healthy Me.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to their peers, as a way to recognize and encourage each another. Trust me, in this journey it is so uplifting to receive these nods and accolades.
I received this award from Anisa, who writes My Third Culture Kid. She loves to share about her adventures in traveling and family life and about setting and reaching goals. Please check out her inspiring blog. And thank you Anisa for encouraging me.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who show creativity, positivity and inspiration. Once you have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you are required to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Below are my responses to Anisa’s 11 questions as well as 11 questions for 11 of my fellow bloggers!
1. What do you love most about your blogging business?
I love that it is MY business and I determine how much time and effort I put into it. At this point, it’s a LOT of time and effort! It is so rewarding, however, when I hear from readers who say they appreciate the info, recipes and tips that I share. And when they say they feel better or their health improved, I’m excited for them.
2. What do you wish you had known before you started blogging?
I wish I had realized that the blogging journey isn’t a solitary one. I spent years figuring things out for myself when there were others further down the trail, offering help. I’m grateful for the community of bloggers who walk with each other and share information. We cheer each other on.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
For this part of my journey, the healing one, I am forever grateful to Anthony William, for showing me that I could change my health by changing my diet. Ultimately, my biggest inspiration comes from God, whom I call El-le. That’s another story for another time.
4. Which countries are on your bucket list?
Can I say all of them?? Traveling is a fairly recent passion. That bug bit me though and I’d not turn down a trip to anywhere in the world. I hope to see New Zealand, France, Germany, Russia, Sweden, Cameroon…the list goes on and on.
5. What is your favorite motivational quote?
This quote by Helena Bonham Carter perfectly captures who I am. I made a meme of it, using a photo of me standing in my garden.
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself traveling and exploring, writing full time from anywhere I happen to be.
7. What are you most thankful for?
I’m most thankful for my family. Each person inspires me and makes me proud. My greatest desire is to encourage them in their own journeys and share adventures together.
8. Would you rather have a remote with a life rewind or a life pause button?
It’s tempting to hit the rewind button and have a do over, but only if I had the awareness and knowledge that I possess now. In reality I take what I learned from my past and feel gratitude for all the lessons that give shape and depth to my life now.
9. If you could only travel to one country, which one would it be?
Scotland. I’m drawn always Scotland, the home of my ancestors and my heart. I’m grateful that I get to return to Scotland this summer to attend a Maitland Clan gathering.
10. If you could choose the date and year of your birth, when would it be?
Time travel intrigues me! What fun to visit Victorian England or see what the world looked like 50 years from now. However I am content with my birthdate.
11. If you could learn a new skill, what would it be?
I wish I could easily master languages. Alas, learning new languages is difficult for me.
My Nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award
These bloggers all have unique and inspiring stories to tell. Please check out their blogs.
Lisa with Planning Away helps people plan their trips.
Becky shares her family’s homeschooling and travel adventures on Russells Loving Life.
Theresa loves writing about the homesteading life at Double K Homestead Life.
Steve is an everyday guy figuring out life with cancer. Follow his inspiring journey at Other C Word.
Marcia with Beauty Info Zone loves sharing about the beauty world.
Karla shares about her 28 year fostering and adoption journey on More On My Plate.
Brittany showcases products and adventures on Flossy Mom.
On Travels With Bibi, Bibi shares info and tips for making the most of adventures.
Kristen is a Texas mom with three boys sharing about life and car seat tips on Driving Mom Crazy.
On Chronicles of a Momtessorian, Anitra writes about being a mom, Montessori teacher and parent educator.
Brent and Kristi share about homeschooling, holistic health and the RV lifestyle on Way Beyond the Norm.
My Questions for the Nominees
- If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would you choose?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Name your favorite childhood story.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- What one word best represents your goals for this year?
- What child-like thing do you still enjoy doing?
- If you had an extra hour every day, what would you do?
- What song best describes your life?
- Do you prefer coffee, tea or soda?
- What most influenced your decision to write a blog?
- On your blogging journey, what has been the biggest surprise?
I’m grateful to Anisa for the Sunshine Blogger Award and for the interesting questions. I look forward to reading the answers to the above questions and continuing on this amazing journey.
Journey With Healthy Me is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.