Vegan & Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars
These easy to prepare bars are rich with pumpkin flavor and spices and do not contain eggs, oil, refined sugar or gluten.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, organic if possible
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce, organic if possible
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the almond meal.
Fold in almond meal, just until combined. Pour mixture into an 8x8 cooking pan, lightly greased with coconut oil.
Top with walnut pieces, if desired. Dark chocolate chips would be good too.
Bake 20 - 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out with just a bit of batter clinging to it. It's okay to slightly undercook the bars. Begin testing for doneness at 20 minutes.
Let cool completely, at least one hour. Bars do even better chilled for several hours in the fridge so that they set. Cut into 9 bars,