The root of this herb is considered one of the most powerful immune boosting plants available. And yet, many people, including myself until recently, have not heard of this supplement.
Read on for the amazing benefits of astralagus root.
What is Astralagus?
This perennial flowering herb, also called milkvetch root and Huang-qi, grows up to 36 inches tall and is native to the north and eastern regions of China. The roots are harvested from 4-year-old plants and they are the only part of the plant that’s used medicinally.
Astragalus is a member of the Leguminosae (beans or legumes) family, with a long history as an immune system booster and disease fighter. Traditional Chinese Medicine has used the herb as an adaptogen for thousands of years. Adaptogen means it helps the body fight against stress and disease.
While its strength is preventing and protecting cells against cell death and other harmful elements, such as free radicals and oxidation, astralagus has other vital benefits as well.
• Reduces the inflammatory response connected to illnesses and conditions, from helping to heal wounds to easing inflammation in diabetic kidney disease.
• Saponins in the herb’s roots lower cholesterol, improve the immune system and prevent cancer.
• Slows and prevents the growth of tumors, especially in the liver.
• The flavonoids present in astragalus are antioxidants that help prevent plaque buildup in arteries and the narrowing of vessel walls. It reduces blood pressure and triglycerides levels, lowering the risks for heart disease, stroke, heart attack and hardening of the arteries.
• Has the ability to relieve insulin resistance and treat diabetes naturally. The herb’s collection of saponins, flavonoids and polysaccharides are effective in treating and regulating type 1 and 2 diabetes. Astralagus increases insulin sensitivity, protects the cells in the pancreas that produce and release insulin, and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
• Fights free radical damage and prevents oxidative stress, slowing the signs of aging. Astralagus protects the brain as well, from age related disorders.
• Heals wounds and minimizes scarring.
• Has antiviral properties.
• Successfully treats chronic asthma.
How to Use Astralagus Root
Astralagus root is available in a variety of forms, including tinctures, capsules, topically in an ointment, or dried and used to brew tea.
Try including a cup of hot astralagus tea daily, during the winter months, to help ward off colds, flus, and respiratory ailments. It makes a soothing drink that offers warmth and powerful healing benefits.
Or order capsules by clicking the link below.
I am an Amazon Affiliate and may earn a commission on purchases, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for considering making a purchase of this product, or any other items, through my Amazon link!