This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
This strawberry banana bread is the perfect treat for anyone, whether you are vegan and gluten free, or not. I appreciate the wholesome goodness in this luscious and delicious loaf. As a bonus, it is sweetened with pure maple syrup and a couple of tablespoons of coconut sugar.
Check out this easy to prepare recipe, from Anthony William, and let me know if you enjoyed it!
Benefits of Strawberries
I’ve added different fruits to banana bread, from wild blueberries to apples to raisins, however I’ve never included strawberries before.
Strawberries are a natural to pair with bananas. These berries are an excellent source of vitamins A, B-complex, C and E, manganese, iron, zinc and potassium.
Strawberries supply important antioxidants and plant compounds that benefit heart health and control blood sugar levels. And they are rich in phenols, which have anti-inflammatory properties that help people suffering from autoimmune disorders.
Plus, strawberries boost the immune system and support eye health.
Curious about the health benefits of bananas? Read more about them here.
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
This quick bread comes from Anthony William. I’m always excited to try one of his recipes, as I know he’s carefully tested it and avoids additives and foods on my “no” list.
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced, for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, with fork or potato masher. Add maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and plant based milk. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine oat flour, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk until lump free. Add banana mixture and fold in gently until batter is uniformly combined. Add chopped strawberries stirring just to incorporate.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45 - 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes. Then lift loaf from pan by parchment paper and cool completely on wire rack. Makes 8 slices.
Enjoying Strawberry Banana Bread
I admit, I didn’t wait for the bread to cool completely. After brewing a cup of herbal tea, I cut a couple of slices of slightly warm strawberry banana bread.
I love this bread! The strawberries add a hint of tartness, complementing the sweetness of bananas. For a breakfast treat, after school or work snack or for afternoon tea, strawberry banana bread is perfect.
Check out this blueberry banana bread too!
Do you have a favorite banana bread recipe? Share it below in the comments.
Get your baking goods below:
Journey With Healthy Me is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program provides a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.