This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy for details.
As we enter cold and flu season, I love having an arsenal of health boosting soups that I can prepare quickly and easily. Nothing soothes a scratchy throat or comforts an achy body quite like a bowl of steaming hot soup. That old standby, chicken noodle soup, is no longer a suitable choice for me. However, I wondered if I could find a plant based option.
This easy vegetable noodle soup is nourishing and soothing. And, using an instant pot, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Plant Based and Gluten Free
This recipe is adapted from one in Vegan Pressure Cooking. I changed the seasonings and used gluten free Pad Thai noodles made from brown rice. You can use sobo noodles or regular Pad Thai noodles, if you are not gluten sensitive.
This hearty soup is full of veggies and made using my DIY vegetable broth, which I absolutely love. You can substitute store bought vegetable broth if desired.
Easy Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen, cut into pieces may substitute organic canned green beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 cup dried brown or green lentils
- 4 ounces noodles, pad Thai or sobo
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In uncovered pressure cooker, saute onions, garlic, carrots, green beans and celery for 3 minutes. Add seasonings and stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add lentils, noodles, vegetable broth and water to pressure cooker. Lock on lid. Cook for 8 minutes. Use a quick release. Remove lid.
- Test noodles and lentils. If not quite done, simmer in uncovered pressure cooker until done, adding more water if necessary. If using canned green beans, add at this time. Remove bay leaf and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Easy Vegetable Noodle Soup
This wonderfully fragrant soup cooked in minutes. And the added brown rice pad Thai noodles created a meal that’s perfect for a chilly evening or comforting when combating the sniffles.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can prepare the easy vegetable noodle soup on the stove top. Saute veggies then combine all the ingredients in a large pot. Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Add the noodles during the last five minutes of cooking time.
This soup inspires me to see if gluten free ramen noodles exist. If so, watch for an easy and healthy ramen soup you can make yourself.
It’s soup season! I’m so glad.
Do you have a favorite soup?
Try these nourishing plant based soups as well:
This pressure cooker is available on Amazon:
And I used these Pad Thai noodles. Amazon sells them in packages of six.
Journey With Healthy Me is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate program provides a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, all at no extra cost to you.
2 thoughts on “Easy Vegetable Noodle Soup”
Totally making this vegetable soup! We are BIG soup eaters/drinkers (? do you eat soup or drink it? haha) in my house too. And I love how easy it is to whip up.
That looks amazing! And perfect for the cool winter weather. Can’t wait to try it!